Hospice Palliative Care—Fall Volunteer Training Session Now Accepting Registrations
Community Care Northumberland (CCN) is recruiting Hospice Palliative Care volunteers to visit and support clients and their families who are living with a life limiting illness.
“Our volunteers are an integral component to CCN’s ability to deliver its support services to the community,” said Trish Baird – Executive Director of CCN. “Our hospice palliative care volunteers share the common belief that living well should continue until death and that no one should die alone.”
The next Hospice Palliative Care volunteer training session is being offered weekly from September 29th to October 27th in Warkworth. The cost to participate in the comprehensive and accredited training program is $75.00 which includes a manual and materials.
“Our Hospice Palliative Care program serves clients throughout Northumberland County,” added Baird. “We are offering this year’s fall session in Trent Hills but the training is open to potential volunteers who reside anywhere in Northumberland County.”
The course consists of 30 hours of classes, readings, specialized guest speakers, discussions, and hands on experiences all intended to prepare volunteers for the responsibilities and challenges they may encounter as a hospice palliative care volunteer.
Is this a volunteer role you would be interested it? Consider these questions:
- Do you have an interest in this hospice concept, and have the desire to help others?Do you have some awareness of what is drawing you to this work, and are you willing to explore this in depth?
- Are you sensitive to the special needs of dying clients and their families?
- Are you aware of the losses you have experienced, and your way of grieving?
- Are you open to others who may have different values, beliefs, and ways of living? Can listen well, and validate others where they are, rather than where you might believe they should be?
- Do you find satisfaction as a member of a team committed to providing exceptional care and support to CCN’ s hospice palliative care clients and their families?
If you or someone you know share these beliefs and have an interest in this volunteer opportunity, contact your local CCN office.