July 3, 2020
As COVID-19 (Coronavirus) evolves, Community Care Northumberland is continuing to monitor the situation and follow the advice of health and government authorities. The health and safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and the community as a whole are our main priority and, as such, we have decided to make changes to our programs and services.
• All non-essential transportation is cancelled at this time. (non-medical transportation is cancelled at this time. (Volunteer Transportation being re-introduced slowly as it is dependant on volunteer availability so medical drives will be prioritized)
• Essential transportation appointments will be delivered by Community Care Northumberland drivers. (both volunteer and specialized)
• An example of an essential drives would be drives for dialysis treatments, chemotherapy and possibly Specialist appointments, decided on a case by case basis. . (both volunteer and specialized)
• All essential drives will take place in our Specialized Transportation vehicles. Cleaning will be completed following each drive. . (both volunteer and specialized, cleaning will be completed after each drive)
• All Specialized Transportation Routes will be cancelled. Clients can call if they need access to an essential service and our drivers will work with clients to resolve the situation. (or medical drives)
Do you need some help with transportation needs? We operate 3 services that may help:
Our programs transport people to destinations for medical appointments, social outings, banking, recreational purposes and other activities of daily living for those who cannot drive themselves. View each section for more detailed information on each program to see which might be right for you or your loved one. Program costs may be eligible for an Enhanced Rural Living Subsidy, see more information about this subsidy program by using this link here.
On April 29th, with support from the Municipality of Trent Hills, we are operating a transit system for the residents of Campbellford, Hastings and Warkworth that will allow them access within and between communities through multiple stops, four times a day. This new service will be provided as a non-on-demand. This means that the van will operate by schedule and circle between the three towns within the Municipality of Trent Hills. Residents will be able to obtain this trip for $5 per way. Should residents like to spend a few hours in Campbellford and travel around, they may transfer for a $2 ride. The department will soon also announce daily and monthly pass options for regular riders. This has been made possible with the support of the Trent Hills Council and Mayor Bob Crate.
The schedule of stops is linked here.
We are Connecting Northumberland with all our transportation services. This new Trent Hills Transit pilot will help us now connect the three communities of Trent Hills.
Check back for more details or call 1-866-768-7778
This service is available to seniors and adults with disabilities, or adults recovering from illness or injury. Our volunteer drivers are licensed to drive in Ontario, carry their own insurance and are screened through our volunteer recruitment process. License and insurance records are updated annually.
Volunteer drivers provide transportation to medical appointments, treatments, community services, shopping, banking, grocery shopping or to social and recreational activities. A per kilometre or flat rate reimbursement for drivers’ out of pocket expenses such as fuel, insurance, and vehicle maintenance is paid by the client or the client's coverage directly to the volunteer. Volunteer drivers do not receive payment for their time – this is their generous gift to the community.
Working with the Northumberland County and several local municipalities, the goal of this service is to offer rural transportation within Northumberland County that is affordable and accessible. Operating like a rural bus system, youth, families, adults or seniors can use this service to travel from the rural parts of the County into the more urban areas of the County. Rides could be so that you can attend: appointments, meetings, work, school, social, shopping, or recreational activities.
This service provides accessible transportation for youth, adults or seniors who have mobility challenges or special needs and are residents of Northumberland County. Transportation is available for appointments (medical drives take priority), meetings, social, shopping or recreational activities.
Section Under Construction - Pictures Coming Soon